Amritsar, Punjab (March 01, 2012): Challenging the Bachchan’s claim of innocence for his role in 1984 Sikh Genocide, All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF-Peer Mohammad) dared Bachchan to present his claim of innocence before the Sikh community on the National TV. AISSF President Karnail Singh Peermohammad stated that the Federation will present Bibi Jagdish Kaur and Babu Singh Dukhia who saw Bachchan on Doordarshan raising slogan “khoon ka badla khoon” after the death of Ms. Indira Gandhi. The witnesses’ testimony on how Bachchan instigated the killing of Sikhs in November 1984 will refute Bachchan’s claims of innocence and substantiates claims of victims that Bachchan raised the slogan “Blood for Blood”, added Peermohammad.
Bachchan’s letter to Sri Akal Takhat Sahib claiming no role in the killing of Sikhs in November 1984 on the basis that he himself is a “half Sikh” is also undermined by the sworn affidavit of US based Manjit Singh Saini who witnessed Bachchan on October 31, 1984 in front of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) shouting “Maro saalon ko, desh ke ghaddaron ko” and “Khoon ka badla khoon”.
Calling the Bachchan’s argument that since his mother was Sikh he could not have instigated the killing of Sikhs, as ridiculous, Peermohammad stated that Bachchan had never showed or demonstrated any sympathy towards thousands of Sikh women widowed during November 1984 who are languishing in Tirlokpuri Delhi. In fact, till recently, Bachchan had been part of Gandhi family and Congress Party who was directly responsible for killing of Sikhs in November 1984, added Peermohammad.
AISSF also announced that it will launch a campaign urging the public to boycott Bachchan’s films because his hands are stained with the blood of innocent Sikhs killed during November 1984.
- Sikh bodies seek inauguration of Akal Takhat Jathedar over Amitabh Bhachchan’s presence on inauguration of Khalsa heritage complex
- Sikh Genocide 1984: Criminal Complaint launched against Amitabh Bachchan in Australia
- “I watched Amitabh Bachchan raising his arm and shouting the slogan- khun ka badla khun sae laengae” on DoorDarshan, Jagdish Kaur
- Sikh Genocide 1984: Victims demand prosecution of perpetrators
- Sikh Genocide 1984: Justice rally to be held at Delhi on February 16