Amritsar, Punjab (February 27, 2012): Release of Sikh leader Bhai Daljeet Singh, Chief of Akali Dal Panch Pardhani is expected today from Central Jail Amritsar. Bhai Daljeet Singh was last arrested on 27 August, 2009 due to political reasons. Advocate Jaspal Singh Manjhpur of Panch Pardhani told “Sikh Siyasat” that Bhai Sahib was being targeted by the Indian State due to his dissenting political ideology.
“Bhai Sahib was granted bail by Punjab and Haryana High court last week and his release is highly expected today” informed Advocate Manjhpur.
- Release of Bhai Daljeet Singh delayed; Now expected on Tuesday
- Imprisonment of Bhai Daljit Singh Continues
- Decision of Ropar case and Detention of Bhai Daljit Singh
- 25th acquittal in a row: Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu acquitted in Ropar case
- UK Sikh Lobby: Denial of Justice to 1984 Victims, death sentence of Prof. Bhullar and detention of Daljit Singh Bittu figured as major issues related to India