Malout, Punjab (February 26, 2012): International Mother Language Day is observed on 21 February every year. As per information posted on website of the Sikh Students Federation (SSF), Guru Teg Bahadur Group of Colleges, Chhapianwali, Malout unit of SSF will be organizing a special lecture of Dr. Sewak Singh on 27 February, 2012 to mark the day which signifies the importance of mother language.
SSF representative Pardeep Singh Poadhi said that the college unit has decided to mark Mother Language Day in order to spread awareness among students regarding Punjabi language. He said language is major component of culture as well as national identity, therefore it is vital to make students aware about significance of Punjabi language.
He informed that Dr. Sewak Singh is former President of Sikh Students Federation and sub-editor of Sikh Shahadat Magazine. He is a young Sikh scholar who holds doctorate from Department of Linguistic Anthropology and Punjabi Lexicography, Punjabi University Patiala. His filed of research is Gurbani grammar and he holds dual Masters in Punjabi Language and Comparative religious studies.
- Seminar Report: Experts worried about marginalization of Punjabi in education, media and social use
- Student delegation approached BCI to alter decision discriminating against Punjabi
- Students started Signature Campaign to get recognition for Punjabi Language
- Bar Association ignores Punjabi Language, SSF reacts sharply
- SGPC, SSF oppose Jay Leno’s remark